Monday, June 06, 2005

Dryer Update

Well, it appears that I fixed the clothes dryer. Of course, if you consider that it took at least two-and-a-half days, nearly seventy bucks worth of parts, and the time and gas used chasing down those parts, it might have been more cost-effective just to go buy a new one. But dang it, I fixed the thing, and I'm going to be proud of that! (For the record, the heating element burned out, and that blew the thermal fuse connected to it. I would have discovered this sooner if any of the diagrams I found on-line of this particular model had actually been correct.)

2 comments:

Ronn McCarrick said...

I'd say that the pride of fixing it yourself, the victory of man over machine, is more than enough to outweigh a few hours and dollars. And now you know what to look for if it happens again.

James Reasoner said...

That's exactly right. I wasn't going to let some inanimate object outwit me. Besides, going and buying a new dryer would have taken some time, too, not to mention getting rid of the old one and installing the new one.