Sunday, April 03, 2005

Daylight Savings Time

I have to admit, I like Daylight Savings Time. When I was a kid, one of the great things about summer was that it stayed light so late, which meant there was more time for playing baseball or football in the area we called The Park, which was actually a sort of vacant lot formed by the road where I lived going around in a circle. And that was in the days before DST, so it was actually light only until about 8:00 or 8:30.

Now with Daylight Savings Time, it doesn't get dark in the summer until after 9:00, and that's fine with me. I don't play ball anymore (which is something I regret sometimes), but I love to get out and walk, and evenings are a good time for it. Heck, even today I was out walking between 7:30 and 8:00. That does wonders for clearing the head after a day spent staring at the monitor and wondering how the hell I ever wrote myself into the corners I found myself in -- and how in the world was I going to get out of them. That's the trouble with writing. You have to think too blasted much.

1 comment:

mybillcrider said...

I'm glad someone likes DST. I wouldn't mind it so much if we kept it the same all year. It's the change that does me in.