Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Day Off; or, Schnauzers, Weeds, and Far Aints

Since I'd written for fourteen days without a break, I thought it might be a good time to take a day off. However, the day started before dawn when the schnauzer got out of the yard and then began to pitch a fit because he couldn't figure out how to get back in. That woke me considerably earlier than I normally get up, and I had to go out, round up the dog, and fix the fence, all before the sun was up. Later, we ventured out to Wal-Mart and bought weed killer and Amdro. I was all ready to spray the weed killer on the front yard when I noticed the fine print saying not to use the stuff on St. Augustine grass. Since we have some St. Augustine, we decided we'd have to take it back and get something else that's safe to use on St. Augustine. I felt like I needed to get something accomplished, so I opened the Amdro and spent the rest of the afternoon on the traditional Doping of the Far Aint Mounds. I didn't realize how many of them we had this year. Took the entire giant economy-sized container of Amdro. Of course, it won't get rid of the ants, but it might annoy them a little. That's about the best you can hope for with the dreaded Far Aints.

So after all that, the pages I have to write tomorrow don't look so bad.

No comments: