Monday, January 03, 2005

Research; OWLHOOT; Juri; BSP

Today was spent rounding up some research books at the library and taking care of other errands. I also worked on my zine for OWLHOOT, the excellent Western apa headed up by Cap'n Bob Napier. Which reminds me I should mention that text-only, minus-the-mailing-comments versions of all of my previously published zines for OWLHOOT and PEAPS, the pulp apa, are available via email to anybody who's interested. Some of the material has already been posted on various lists or published in Steve Lewis's wonderful magazine MYSTERY*FILE, but some of it hasn't seen the light of day outside the apa memberships.

My friend Juri Nummelin, publisher of the Finnish magazine ISKU, has started a blog. Juri is very knowledgeable about books and movies and I'm sure he'll have plenty of interesting things to say.

In the Blatant Self-Promotion Department, nice things are said about me today on Ed's Place and Sarah Weinman's Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind, and I certainly appreciate the comments.

No comments: