Saturday, January 01, 2005

A Good Start

Watched a little football (although I'm not a big Longhorn fan, I was glad to see Texas beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl, really an exciting game), worked on the current book and got a chapter done, and read part of Ross Macdonald's BLACK MONEY, which the Rara-Avis mailing list is going to be discussing this month. I thought I had read all the Lew Archer novels years ago, but I think this is one that I missed somehow. I don't remember it at all. Not bad for the first day of the year. (Didn't eat any black-eyed peas, though. Damn legume allergy.)

1 comment:

Mystery Dawg said...

James,
Sounds like a similar day out here in Los Angeles. Watched a lot of football, worked on my short story and finished writing an article for Crime Spree. I'm also reading BLACK MONEY, so we can compare notes.