Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Dust Devils

No updates for the past couple of days because, again, I've just been sitting and writing for the most part. I do have one piece of very good news, though: my novel DUST DEVILS has sold to PointBlank Press, the fine folks who did such a beautiful job with their recent reprint of my first novel TEXAS WIND. DUST DEVILS is set in Texas, but that's about its only resemblance to TEXAS WIND. This new one is a contemporary crime novel pretty much unlike anything else I've done, and it was great fun to write. I'm excited that it's found a home, and such a good home at that. PointBlank has a pretty full list, so it may be a while before DUST DEVILS appears, but I'm looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Mystery Dawg said...

James,
You just can't tease us like that! what is it about? Can we have a little taste?

Unknown said...

Great news, and PointBlank shows again why it's one of the best small-press publishers in the field.

James Reasoner said...

Hi, Aldo. I'm not trying to be coy about DUST DEVILS, it's just that it's a book with a lot of plot twists, and talking too much about it might give away some of them. It's a lot darker than most of my work, with plenty of sex and violence and betrayal and desperation. There's also a love story of sorts, several crimes, and a road trip across Texas. In fact, for me this may well be the "road novel" that most writers attempt sooner or later. We'll see.