Sunday, November 07, 2004

Back to Work

This weekend is being devoted to working on proposals and outlines, sort of the yard work of the writing business. And it can be fun on occasion, too. Today was pretty productive, and I enjoyed it for the most part.

Tonight we watched the DVD of THE BIG BOUNCE, which makes three remakes in a row for us. I wasn't very impressed with this one. Good dialogue and an attractive cast, but the story really meandered around. I haven't read the Elmore Leonard novel or seen the first movie version, so I can't say how this one compares with it.

I'm still reading that Nebel novella; not much time today to read. My daughter Shayna brought home PHASES OF THE MOON, the big "retrospective of six decades" anthology by Robert Silverberg, and I think I'll probably swipe it from her even though there are other things I need to be reading. I've never considered myself a big Silverberg fan; on the other hand, I've never read anything by him that I didn't like. This book has lots of story introductions and memoir-type stuff, and I eat all that up with a spoon.

No comments: