Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Writing Biz; Rain

I found out that the non-fiction project Livia and I have been working on for a couple of weeks is likely a non-starter.  It's not completely dead, but it's now been pushed 'way on the back burner.  That's all right, I'm pretty busy at the moment anyway, and no research is ever wasted.  Meanwhile I wrote 23 pages on the Western, so I'm happy about that.

After all the storms and power outages in June, I was ready for some peaceful weather, even though I knew it was likely to get hot and dry.  So it did in July, hitting 100 degrees a few days and upper 90s a lot, with less than a tenth of an inch of rain for the month.  Until this afternoon, when a nice little storm front rolled through and brought us a couple of hours of good rain.  Oddly enough, I was writing a thunderstorm scene in the book while the thunder and lightning was going on outside.  That hardly ever happens.  For some reason it usually works out so that I write blizzard scenes in the middle of summer and scorcher scenes when it's freezing outside.

I'm still reading various short stories.

No comments: